When you need expert electrical service at affordable prices, call the name in Broomfield, CO you can trust: Time Plumbing, Heating & Electric Inc. Our expert electricians are trained and licensed to provide the best service available. With a vast knowledge of safety procedures and the most up-to-date information on building codes, they can ensure your wiring is working safely and effectively.
Others agree! See what your friends and neighbors are saying about us on our reviews page.
Why Install a Generator?
If you live in an area that experiences frequent power outages, or if you have devices you wish to protect from power outages, a great option for you is installing a generator. Generators work by attaching to your power, and sensing when the power goes out. If your home loses power, the generator will kick on and work until the power comes back on. Once power is restored, the generator will go back into standby mode and wait until the next time it’s needed.
Many homeowners choose to install generators as peace of mind, protecting their family from outages. With a generator, you can protect your electrical devices as well as the food in your fridge and freezer.
What is the Difference Between Breakers and Fuses?
Breakers and Fuses are inherently the same. They both provide the same service, but go about it differently. Both devices limit the amount of volts entering your outlets or devices by interrupting the connection if it becomes too much. If a circuit becomes overloaded, a breaker or fuse will trip or blow to protect you and your devices. Here is how they are different:
- Breakers - Work with a spring-loaded component that will trip if the electricity becomes too much. If a breaker trips, it simply needs to be reset for it to work again.
- Fuses - A fuse works with a thin strip of metal, if the power is overloading the circuit, the thin strip of metal will safely melt, interrupting the connection. A fuse can only blow once before it needs to be replaced.
Looking to save money on your next electrical project? Be sure to check out our exclusive online coupons and promos.
Let Us Help with Your Broomsfield Electrical Needs
- Surge Protection
- Ceiling Fan Services
- Electrical Remodeling
- Panel Box Upgrades and Installation
- Motion Sensor Security Lighting Repair & Installation
- Landscape Lighting Design, Repair & Installation
- Switches & Outlets
- Commercial Electrical Services