There are many dangers to attempting your own electrical work. Doing any work around circuits or wires can be dangerous due to the threat of electrocution. For amateurs there is also the chance of performing the work incorrectly, causing issues or even a fire. When you have an electrical job you need completed quickly and thoroughly, trust the comprehensive service provided by Time Plumbing, Heating & Electric Inc.
The people of Highlands Ranch, CO have been talking about us - take a look at our reviews to see what your friends and neighbors are saying about our services.
Common Breaker Repairs
A breaker is the device in your panel box that limits the amount of electricity flowing to your devices. If an outlet gets overloaded, the breaker will trip and interrupt the flow. Some common breaker problems we see include:
- Incorrect wiring repairs
- Old or insufficient wiring or circuit repair or replacement
- Mechanical failures causing dangerous circumstances such as burning or hissing sounds coming from the breakers
- Structural or internal repairs, such as replacing the door to the panel box
How Are Fuses Different?
A fuse and breaker perform the same duty, but go about it differently. Where a breaker is spring loaded and can be tripped and then reset, a fuse works by safely melting a strip of metal if the voltage gets too high.
A fuse can only be blown once before it needs to be replaced. Most modern homes favor breakers or fuses because of this.
Save money on your next appointment when you take advantage of our online discounts and coupons.
Benefits of a GFCI Switch
GFCI stands for ground fault circuit interrupter. They are similar to GFI outlets (ground force interrupter) and are the fuses found in your bathroom, laundry room, kitchen or garage, that protect you from getting shocked. They work by sensing when an outlet will receive a shock, and then turning off before it gets the chance. There are three main types of GFCI switches:
- Receptacle - As the most common type, this outlet is typically found in people’s homes and have the little red and black buttons on them.
- Circuit Breaker - These GFCI protect an entire circuit rather than a single outlet.
- Temporary - This type is typically found on construction sites and during renovations. They are installed to protect workers.
Ask About Our Other Electrical Services in Highlands Ranch, CO
- Surge Protection
- Ceiling Fan Services
- Electrical Remodeling
- Panel Box Upgrades and Installation
- Motion Sensor Security Lighting Repair & Installation
- Landscape Lighting Design, Repair & Installation
- Switches & Outlets
- Commercial Electrical Services